We have cleaned our pantry many many times over the years, but it never stays organized for long. It’s like the closets of the house, we just throw things in there for a “quick clean up” and come back to it later. We have decided to stop putting it off and today is the day! Let’s find a more permanent solution and have a clean and organized pantry!
1. A clean pantry makes cooking a lot easier, so we’ll start by preparing designated areas and grouping foods together. We want the cereals to be together with the jams and syrups, then group our coffee, tea and snacks together, canned goods with cooking oils, condiments and grains in another section and so on. We’re taking it a step further by labeling the shelves. This will help us stay organized and reminds us where items should go.
2. It’s also a great idea to have a section for all instant meals like noodles, mac and cheese and canned foods etc…
3. Depending on your cooking style, you may cook a lot of ethnic meals. If that’s the case, we recommend grouping them together. For example, if you cook a lot of Asian inspired meals, make sure to group together the curry sauce, coconut milk and soy sauce.
4. We like using clear baskets to organize the pantry and to keep the shelves clean. Things get pretty messy when we cook and the bottom of certain sauce jars get dirty. So putting them back in a clear basket makes the cleaning process a lot easier. We just clean the baskets that get messy and voila!
5. We love using glass jars and containers for any of our dry goods. Make it a fun diy project by labeling the jars, this helps it to stay organized, plus is also looks neat and clean!
6. Keep an eye on those expiration dates, we like to place items that expire soon in plain sight. If you have space in your pantry, we suggest making a designated space just for that.
Maybe your pantry needs an upgrade, we recommend the custom route! A custom pantry will ensure you make the most of the space you have. Take a look at this one we’ve built, a beautiful walk-in pantry with lots of storage from top to bottom. We love this custom because everything is already nicely divided, with shelves and drawers. We also love the mini counter space for additional storage! As you can see from this picture, our customer enjoys organizing her pantry! She had the creative idea of using different shapes and sizes of jars. Not only does it look clean, it looks absolutely stunning!
Many homeowners dream to upgrade their pantry, contact us today to find out more about us. We would love to answer any questions you may have. We’ve been building customs for over 15 years now, specializing in quality and solid wood customs.
About Us – A Furniture Store You Can Trust
The furniture is all handcrafted by the local craftsmen. We also offer custom made furniture. In addition to our 10 Years Limited Warranty on any Construction Defects. The owner Raymond has built furniture for 15 years and has been in the industry for over 25 years so he has an eye for quality. Learn more about us here.
See all the Wood Furniture products we have to offer.
You can call us at 519-595-7105 or click here to contact us.